Traffic Services at Mission RCMP Detachment is committed to facilitating community safety to realize the Minister of Transportation's Road Safety Vision 2010 aimed at reducing deaths and serious injuries on our roadways. The four main goals are to raise public awareness of road safety issues, improve communication, cooperation and collaboration among road safety agencies, toughen enforcement measures and improve national road safety data collection and quality.
Our goal is to make our streets safe for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic through the use of the Three E's (Education, Enforcement and Engineering) of Traffic Safety.
Traffic Services at Mission RCMP Detachment participates with community partners in a variety of activities and projects working towards the shared goal of collision reduction and community safety.
Some of the activities and projects include:
- Anti-impaired/CounterAttack driving programs
- Speed reduction programs
- Speed watch – Three strikes program
- Targeted enforcement of high volume traffic/high collision intersections
- Investigation of serious motor vehicle accidents
- Education and awareness programs, and
- Assistance to special events (parades and other large public gatherings)
Top Five Motor Vehicle Crash Locations in Mission
Frequently Asked Traffic Services Questions
- Date modified: